You Owe Me Glue

Blackfriars Friday 23rd of September 2005 at 8pm £6/5 Get Your Tickets on www.secctickets.com or by telephone 0870 040 4000 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oozing like hilarious goo from the brains behind the infamous Cheery Bananas Magazine “You Owe Me Glue” is a collection of darkly tragic funnies that will appal and delight in (roughly) equal measure. Come see the show that rides roughshod over the live sketch comedy rules like a big funny horse.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Less Than A Week To Go...

... and as usual I am crapping myself at this point. I often worry about whether or not we've forgotten something really important ('cos we almost always do)and I'm worried we'll be ready to deliver a decent standard of show. Most of the cast have been absent at some point during the rehearsal schedule and it hasn't been a help.

In fact, I feel I must speak up about it now, before comedy is done a grave disservice. Sure, I could shrug my shoulders and say nothing, but then comedy would be the loser. I'm ready to play with big boys. Really big boys, maybe even the biggest. Certainly I will be playing with the biggest boys I can find. I don't need more experience. I'm brilliant, brilliant and ready to play with those big, big boys. The lack of support for grassroots big boys in Glasgow is terrible.

But perhaps it will come together. Perhaps we will once again, against the odds pull off our sacred mission; to mildly impress a small bunch of folk we already know. It is with that mission in mind that I boldly go into tonight’s rehearsal with renewed vigour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home